Company Description: Dotcom Distribution is a leading third-party fulfillment and logistics provider in Edison, NJ. We offer "WOW factor" fulfillment services to some of the country’s fastest growing internet and retail brands. You can visit us at www.dotcomdist.com.
Job Description Summary: The Area Manager will oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods. Plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and ensure productivity targets are met, as well as maintain computerized administration and automated storage and retrieval systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee picking/packing, shipping, receiving, stock control and processing orders
- Plan staffing, equipment, and layout needs based on volume forecasts and sku information.
- Slotting management needs -- review product category and sku velocity information
- Order management – daily review of outstanding orders, no prime reports, priority orders, etc.
- EDI and work order management – ensure all special projects are identified and captured for billing purposes.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Train staff and monitor their performance and progress
- Ensure quality, delivery and budget objectives are met
- Respond to and deal with customer communication by e-mail, fax and telephone
- Keep stock control systems up-to-date and plan future capacity requirements
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment
Supervisory Responsibilities: May manage Warehouse Supervisors and leads who have supervisory responsibility of a large group.
- Considerable knowledge of inventory control and warehousing procedures
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a managerial role
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems
- Ability to provide leadership and assign and direct the work of employees
- College degree a plus or relevant work experience
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish) a plus, but not necessary
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Initiative, Resourcefulness, Decisiveness, Drive, Adaptability, and Motivational Leadership
- Strong ability to plan and execute projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to work in a high-pressure environment
Dotcom Distribution offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package in an exciting fast paced environment. For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org