Key Ingredients for a Customer-Friendly Return Policy
As an eCommerce brand, your return policy plays an important role in the success of your business. Online consumers want the ability to purchase goods without having physically seen or touched them. However, they also want to be able to return these goods without any hassle.
UPS’ Pulse of the Online Shopper research revealed that over 60 percent of consumers locate a company’s return policy before making buying decisions. With two-thirds of customers paying attention to returns before ever completing a purchase, it’s essential that eCommerce and online retailers offer streamlined, simple and customer-friendly returns processes.
The Importance of a Hassle-Free Return Policy
Returns may represent the final part of the consumer purchasing cycle, but it’s often one of the first things a buyer considers before placing an order. So, a hassle-free returns process is vital for eCommerce and online retailers. Research conducted for Dotcom Distribution’s whitepaper indicated that when online retailers present a simple and headache-free return policy:
- 67 percent of consumers are more likely to be repeat customers of the brand.
- 64 percent of customers are likely to recommend that brand to a friend.
- 48 percent of shoppers would drop a different retailer with a complicated returns process in favor of a retailer with a more simple return policy.
- 36 percent of customers pay less attention to prices and more attention to the overall quality of service.
Lastly, 74 percent of online shoppers said that a hassle-free return policy could persuade them to buy from an online retailer – even if they’ve never shopped with them before.
Elements of a Customer-Friendly Returns Policy
Creating a streamlined, customer-friendly return process doesn’t need to be a complicated endeavor for eCommerce brands and online retailers. When you include these important elements in your return policy, the result can be favorable opinions among consumers:
- Free return shipping
- A pre-paid return label included in original packaging
- Flexible shipping options when returning a product to the retailer
- The ability to get the return package to the shipping provider with ease
The key to implementing and maintaining these favorable elements is partnering with a third-party logistics (3PL) and distribution partner that simplifies returns not only for your customers, but for your brand.
Achieve a Simplified Return Policy with Dotcom Distribution
At Dotcom Distribution, our warehouse and fulfillment center is designed to handle customer returns with ease. We work with top shipping carries for simple, straightforward procedures that can provide speedy return service for consumers.
To learn more about how leveraging Dotcom Distribution’s service can enhance your return policy, or to download the whitepaper, “UPS Pulse of the Online Shopper – Delivery, Returns and Exchanges,” contact us today.