Improving eCommerce With a Transportation Management System
Customers care about shipping. That’s not news. But what many eCommerce brands don’t realize is that accurate, on-time shipping requires a transportation management system (TMS) capable of bridging the gap between order management and warehouse technologies.
Your business has a lot riding on your ability to provide accurate, on-time delivery to your customers. Success hinges not only on your logistic and fulfillment partner’s processes – it’s also tied to the quality of your partner’s TMS technology.
Must-Have Transportation Management System Capabilities
A robust TMS is a supply chain solution that helps manage the cost of transporting freight. Ideally, your logistic and fulfillment partner’s TMS should work in tandem with other systems and create process efficiencies for moving freight of multiple load sizes via a range of transportation modes.
To protect the quality of your supply chain and your ability to wow customers with accurate, on-time delivery, there are several advantages you should expect to receive from your logistic partner’s transportation management system.
- Improved Efficiency – TMS technology should shine a spotlight on process snafus, making your warehouse and other points along the supply chain more efficient. By increasing visibility to potential challenges as well as new transportation opportunities, the right system can help the entire supply chain function more smoothly.
- Robust Delivery Options – Shipping options are an important consideration in eCommerce. But while consumers crave free and expedited shipping options, eCommerce brands often struggle to manage shipping costs and fast order turnarounds. Transportation management technology makes it easier for brands to manage the sophisticated menu of shipping options that consumers expect in today’s online marketplace.
- Enhanced Inventory Management – Inventory management can make or break your eCommerce operation. Advanced TMS solutions provide the insights and features your logistics partner needs to make sure you have the right inventory in the right places at the right times.
- Lower Costs – Transportation management solutions lower costs because they provide a smarter way to transport products along the supply chain. By increasing opportunities for freight consolidation, intermodal shipping and more, a quality TMS optimizes workflows – resulting in lower costs and a healthier bottom line.
- A Better Customer Experience – For eCommerce brands, one of the most important benefits of transportation management technology is a better customer experience. Logistics and fulfillment providers that leverage a TMS to optimize the supply chain can offer fast delivery to more customers via standard shipping and provide other delivery-related advantages that support an exceptional customer experience.
Dotcom Distribution: Transportation Management You Can Count On
At Dotcom Distribution, we know how important a reliable transportation management system is to your business. Our freight management services featured sophisticated, integrated technologies that fully optimize your brand’s logistics and fulfillment processes, resulting in greater operational efficiencies and a better customer experience.
To learn more about Dotcom Distribution’s freight management and supply chain solutions, contact us today.