Director of Transportation
Dotcom Distribution is a leading third-party fulfillment and logistics provider in Edison, NJ. We offer omni-channel and ecommerce distribution and transportation solutions to some of the country’s fastest growing internet and retail brands. You can visit us at www.dotcomdist.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Job Title: Director of Transportation
Reports To: Executive Vice President of Client Strategy
This is a unique opportunity for a Transportation/Logistics professional to develop a comprehensive transportation program that will enable Dotcom ecommerce and B2B clients to minimize time in transit at the lowest possible cost insuring that freight and transportation are competitive advantages. This position will be responsible for identifying and documenting all procedures related to transportation within the distribution environment to maximize delivery efficiency, lower costs and insure best practices. This position will be responsible for project management, client and vendor management, systems requirements, financial management, and integration as it relates to domestic and international transportation providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outbound Parcel Solutions – Utilize understanding of outbound parcel carriers to develop customized transportation strategies for Dotcom clients and prospects.
- Client Management – Provide ongoing support and recommendations to Dotcom clients to meet their individual customer experience and transportation budget objectives.
- Business Development – Develop a comprehensive inbound and outbound portfolio of transportation related services that will result in lowering client freight costs and/or improving service levels. These transportation services will enable Dotcom to provide additional value-added services to further differentiate us in the marketplace as one of the leaders in our industry. Through the leveraging of volume discounts and development of a revenue share model, the service offering is expected to become a meaningful profit center.
- Vendor Management - Establish and maintain relationships with our vendors and carriers to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Financial Management – Work with freight audit vendors and develop freight invoice auditing procedures to ensure accuracy. Analyze billing, negotiate rates and make recommendations for any changes.
- Procedural Management -- Review inbound and outbound procedures and develop and implement solutions; identify software improvements and make recommendations for implementation of new systems, if necessary.
- Ecommerce transportation experience is preferred developing strategies for a direct-to-consumer business. Experience working for a major carrier, transportation service provider or 3PL with similar responsibility will be considered
- International ecommerce experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of carrier networks such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, Asendia, etc. and a successful track record negotiating rates, rebates, accessorials, etc. driving cost savings
- Advanced knowledge of logistics, freight and processes, experience within a 3PL is a plus
- Strong analytical skills to compare rates, package characteristics and time and transit among carriers for the purpose of developing solutions that meet client transportation and Dotcom revenue objectives
- Strong project management experience with proven ability to set objectives, effectively plan and identify tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience working with ProShip or a similar shipping software platform is a plus
- BA/BS degree in Business, Logistics or equivalent
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Dotcom Distribution offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package in an exciting fast paced environment. For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com