Developing a Successful New Product Distribution Strategy
Developing and distributing a new product can be daunting. To overcome obstacles related to new product distribution, it’s important to hit the ground running with a strategy that strengthens relationships with consumers and increases customer retention.
A third-party logistics (3PL) and fulfillment company can optimize new product distribution processes, including back-end strategies and fulfillment logistics.
5 Components of Successful New Product Distribution Strategies
Teaming up with an experienced third-party logistics and fulfillment partner is an important part of new product distribution. Look for a partner that can provide the resources to streamline distribution processes—packaging, order fulfillment, shipping, etc.—and enhance your brand’s productivity.
Your company’s fulfillment partner should offer a range of capabilities, including:
- Strategic Warehouse Locations – Same-day shipping is more easily achieved with strategically located warehouses. Work with a distribution and 3PL partner with a warehouse location that can provide same-day shipping and delivery to most U.S. customers within 1-3 business days via ground service.
- Accurate Order Fulfillment – Delivering orders undamaged and as-described is an integral part of building trust with your customers and executing a flawless new product distribution strategy. When distributing new products, partner with a distribution service that maintains order accuracy rates above 99 percent. Accurate order fulfillment ensures a satisfied customer base.
- Adaptable Processes – Your third-party logistics partner’s fulfillment and distribution processes should be adaptable to meet market demands during seasonal sales, promotions and events. When searching for a service partner, focus on providers that can demonstrate a peak as much as 30 times greater than your brand’s typical order volume.
- Real-Time Insights – Real-time insights into inventory, order status and warehouse service levels enables better supply chain management. To streamline your new product distribution strategy, narrow your search to distribution partners that provide your team with constant, up-to-date information using a range of real-time reporting mechanisms.
- Performance Monitoring – The best distribution service providers keep a close eye on brand performance through analytics like throughput, quality and supplier performance. Understanding key performance metrics enables you to quickly identify areas for improvement. The result is an optimized and improved supply chain.
The benefits of leveraging a robust strategy for new product distribution include:
- Improved customer trust
- Increased customer retention
- Enhanced brand image
- Streamlined back-end processes
Dotcom Distribution: Your Partner for Enhanced New Product Distribution Processes
Dotcom Distribution is a strategic eCommerce fulfillment and distribution services provider. We work with your brand to streamline new product distribution and optimize back-end operations.
To learn more about how Dotcom Distribution can help you develop a successful new product distribution strategy, contact us today.