2nd Shift Supervisor
Company Description: Dotcom Distribution is a leading third-party fulfillment and logistics provider in Edison, NJ. We offer "WOW factor" fulfillment services to some of the country’s fastest growing internet and retail brands. You can visit us at www.dotcomdist.com.
Job Description Summary: The Warehouse Supervisor supervises day-to-day operations for their department, partnering as necessary with other departments. Circulates around area, prioritizes, assigns, and reviews work to maintain departmental efficiency and meet productivity, volume and quality goals. Under direction of the Warehouse Manager, the supervisor is accountable for providing leadership, direction and support to their department; operates the department in a cost efficient, quality-oriented manner to achieve excellent customer service; monitors and maintains a quality working environment in promoting effective employee relations; and creates a positive, motivating work climate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains a clean, safe working environment for all employees.
- Develops, implements, and communicates operational plans to achieve designated objectives, established performance goals, and quality standards. Prepares and reviews productivity tracking reports on a weekly basis
- Escalates persistent issues to the department manager to resolve in a timely manner.
- Takes a pro-active approach to analyzing deficiencies and developing plans to correct. Reviews existing processes, procedures, and metrics to identify improvement opportunities and efficiency gains on a regular basis. Creates new processes and procedures when business needs dictate in a timely manner. Partners with team in driving ongoing performance improvement
- Responsible for organizing, scheduling, and directing work flow to maintain optimum productivity for the Department and expedites workflow on a daily basis
- Trains team on all documented processes and procedures in a timely manner. Reviews performance metrics with each team associate on a regular basis. Determines work schedules on a daily basis; Maintains and updates attendance records on a daily basis. Disciplines associates when necessary, with assistance from the department manager and Human Resources
- Ensures labor is reallocated from one department to another as required to meet each days business needs, minimize overtime and reduce labor costs
- Audits the processing of returned product on a random basis to verify adherence to documented procedures and to company policy.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers to resolve issues in a timely manner; partners with Operations and Client Relations to exceed customer expectations on a daily basis; Maintains a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times
- Ensures both consistency of and compliance with company and departmental policies/procedures and performance standards; ensures daily compliance of the department to the quality standards.
- Provides leadership and guidance to all staff for continual improvement of key functions and activities to improve efficiency and meet increasing customer and business demands
- Manage extended shift coverage during peak months (September through December)
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/or management based on our fluid business needs. Performs other related duties as assigned by manager.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise a team of approximately 12 associates.
- MS Office proficient
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated initiative is necessary.
- Two to three years of supervisory experience in a related high volume distribution center environment.
- Experience with creating and implementing processes and procedures highly preferred.
Dotcom Distribution offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package in an exciting fast paced environment. For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com